Thursday, January 05, 2006

The christmas period

This is going to be a short post!

I chose to spend christmas alone. I was however amazed at how crazy most of my friends thought I was. My mates begged me to go to their digs but I honestly wanted to spend it alone. I enjoyed a quiet christmas and a similar new years eve and day!

In a way I am glad I did. One of my buddies threw a huge bashment where everyone who didnt have anywhere to go was invited. One of my galfriend's sister came from out of town and spent the whole day and night at that bash. On 27th she was taken home so she could make a dentist appointment. When she finally got home from the dental checkup she sort of felt faint and some guys who were just entering her building drove her back to hosi.
She never regained Consciousness! The hospital managed to get hold of her exe, he made it there just as she was dying. They had a less than two year old daughter who was then taken by social services. Imagine that guy let them knowing that that is actually his child!
Everyone who went to that bash is having sleepless nights and they are all in shock. When the phone call came in, her sister was watching the video from the bash.
Her body will be transported to Kenya in afew days. I'm glad I didnt make that bash coz I would be in a worse of state.

She died of heart failure and she was so young.

On the same day another Kenyan died 30miles from where I live. Since the 27th five kenyans have died in the Uk.

Live a healthy life style this year!

17 Comments:

At 1:28 am, January 06, 2006, Blogger walk said...

i feel so sorry for her.

 
At 7:59 am, January 06, 2006, Blogger Prousette said...

So sorry you ended the year like this but being alone is a times a very good thing...

 
At 3:32 pm, January 06, 2006, Blogger |d®| said...

Holy $hit - excuse my French - that is intense, very sad. Condolences to her family.

 
At 11:45 pm, January 06, 2006, Blogger SHOBALI said...

My heartfelt condolences to the family and friends. May the Lord grant you strength and comfort to see you through.

 
At 9:33 am, January 07, 2006, Blogger Farmgal said...

Joe thanks for stopping by

Prousette..It was ok and I chose to do it mainly due to transport.

Wangari Yes I knew her and thats why am glad I never went for that bashment.

D thanks and your french is excused!

Cute angel thanks for those prayers she really does need them. I saw her last night and she is in a state.

Poi Imagine five Kenyans in less than two weeks! Thanks babes!

Shobali thanks for the prayers

I went to her house last night and when we were leaving she sort of didnt want us to go. The funeral service is today and the body will be flown to Kenya later tonight. I saw the little girl she is so sweet. She is one and a half and gives the cutest little hugs. It broke my heart! She is clueless as to what is happening and has even started calling her auntie mum. My God she is cute!

 
At 10:24 am, January 07, 2006, Blogger Nakeel said...

Happy New year Farm gal.. that was a very sad note to end the year with.
Condolences to her family..

 
At 4:56 pm, January 07, 2006, Blogger Calvin said...

woi.. that's tough to hear.

prayers go out to all their families.

 
At 8:12 pm, January 07, 2006, Blogger Sandman said...

I can imagine how traumatized everyone must be. It's really sad how the whole thing happened. Did they say what led to her heart failure?

**Happy new year and be safe.

 
At 6:56 am, January 09, 2006, Blogger Girl in the Meadow said...

I spend Christmas with many people but in reality i am always alone thinking of better things to do.
Pole for the loss./

 
At 3:04 pm, January 09, 2006, Blogger akiey said...

Unfortunate & so sad I am still in shock as I write this.

I'm glad you're safe & am glad you know God has you under His wings even as you grieve her passing.
Be strong FarmG!

 
At 10:54 am, January 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My deepest sympathies (sp) to the gal's family. Sad to hear peeps losing loved ones, esp. when it a time to share.

As for spending the hols alone, I feel you on that one and that is what I did in 2004. Rented out lots of DVDs and spent it in my room solo. Twas good to have me time.

Otherwise, have a Blessed New Year gal!

 
At 4:32 pm, January 10, 2006, Blogger Spidey/Tato said...

thats so sad...but i hope rumors dont start spreadin ati once u visit a dentist things go haywire...a similar case has been reported here

Life is short.Very Short!

 
At 11:27 am, January 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Farmgal - there is absolutely nothing wrong with spending that time alone - whenever I dont go abroad around xmas, I will spend it alone - just phone family and friends and thats it - its the best time ever, and you all know what I do most of the time right? S.L.E.E.P :)

So sorry to hear about the gal - life is definitely too short and as for the kid - no words there my friend. Innocence is bliss in some cases.

Hope the rest of the year fares well for you my dear

 
At 12:22 pm, January 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is incredibly sad to lose somone in that way and at Christmas too. Pole sana.

Best wishes for 2006, Farmgal.

 
At 7:39 pm, January 11, 2006, Blogger Farmgal said...

Thanks for all your comments. The funeral takes place on saturday. The sister is still trying to sort the baby's living arrangements. Thanks again people!

 
At 8:04 pm, February 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Without sounding rude, how did you know so many Kenyans died?

Have I not looked deep enough into this blog

G

http://spaces.msn.com/safaricast/

 
At 5:59 pm, February 25, 2006, Blogger Kelitu said...

hey farmgal
i know about the gal you are talking about. Her name starts with the letter "T"
I was very shocked to see her pic in the kenyan newspaper coz we used to be neighbors back in zamunda. I did not know she passed coz of heart failure.
How is her sister coping?
keep me in the loop. thanx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home