Sunday, May 15, 2005

Am I over past hurts?

Today being sunday I went to church. The preacher today got me thinking about my past.... relationshipwise......boyfriends, friends, family, girlfriends.... and bad ones in this case.

Hurt...

Everyone one has been hurt by somebody at some point in their lives. What happened after you were last hurt? Did you swear never to give your heart to someone else? Did you promise never too speak to that someone again? Did you promise yourself to be very careful the next time you fell in love/made freinds? etc etc

My two peverts of uncles!

One

I remember when I was around 14years old.......
I hated hunging out with my girl cousins so I spent most of the time with my boy cousins and young uncles listening to music while they sipped on some illicit brew. ( this was at my nan's during holidays) During this times, my dad's parent's homestead would be packed to capacity therefore cooking meant cooking for like forty people everday, not to mention the teas that were made like ten times a day! My stunt was to hang out with the boys in their 'thingira' (boys rooms separate from main house). All this time all the other girls my age would be slaving in the kitchen doing dinners, teas and the most dreaded mountain of dishes.

At my dad's there were two telly's at two different houses, after dinner we'd choose our favourite aunty's house and catch mamboleo and news on that one channel KBC. My uncle and I chose one house while the rest headed to a different house. This uncle was drunk (remember that brew)!

We are walking side by side, kidogo kidogo I found myself pinned on the wall of my aunty's house, I didnt have time to get shocked. I needed to get out of there fast. I slid down the wall and under his arms and ran. I know I pushed him out of my way, I was very small and the fact that he was maji helped me.

I realise that that experience contributed to the way I have treated men I have gone out with in the past.

Thank God I dont feel hurt by the all the bad experiences.

4 Comments:

At 7:23 am, May 16, 2005, Blogger moggaless said...

Pastor once preached about hurt and forgiveness and if I can remember right some very interesting points were:

Forgiveness is the Key

If you want to be forgiven you must learn to forgive those that hurt you

Our hurts/ heartaches should make us better not bitter.

 
At 12:52 pm, May 16, 2005, Blogger Farmgal said...

@lifemoments thats the 'thruth'

You know if you dont forgive you kinda will never let anyone into your heart.
You can only love completely if you dont have bitterness in you!

 
At 6:14 pm, May 16, 2005, Blogger akiey said...

That's a very close call & nice to know you made it out safely. Sad that most kids are often preyed upon by pple close to them. Am sure this puts a huge dent in one's ability to trust. Hope you
heal(ed) fast from your hurt.

PS: Thanks for dropping by Maarifa often. That cover you mentioned? U read my mind, it is indeed for a book I want to publish. Thanks for the support:))

 
At 8:04 am, May 17, 2005, Blogger moggaless said...

Also its thro' the hurts we encounter in life that allows to cope and continue fighting for the very things we believe in!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home